Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's a wrap!

The Olympics have come and gone. I’m hoping that the post Olympic depression doesn’t last 4 years! While in Beijing I had a lapse of concentration and I deleted my blog. However, I’m back, blogging off a slightly different url. I have reposted some of my posts from the Olympics.
6 weeks after Beijing I find myself back at varsity. I’m not sure this is where I should be as I’m itching to be doing something more exciting than the monotonous exercise of studying. To quote one of my friends, “I’m in limbo, neither here nor there.” The time off though has given me a chance to make up for lost time with friends and family.

As I reflect back to the games, besides being privileged enough to represent my country, below are some of my memorable moments.

  • Celebrating my 21st birthday at the Olympics on the same day as two individual milestones. Fiona Butler 100 Test caps and Marsha Marescia 175 Test caps.
  • Being 1 of the 100 athletes chosen as part of the Lenovo Voices of Olympic Games campaign. (www.summergames.lenovo.com)
  • Watching the men’s and women’s tennis finals live on centre court.
  • Experiencing the opening ceremony.
  • Singing Nkosi Si’kelela iAfrica before every game.

That said I think I’m officially going to put Beijing 2008 Olympic Games to rest now and focus beyond...

No comments: