Saturday, September 27, 2008

My first time

I’m privileged and excited to be blogging for the Lenovo Voices of Summer campaign. Over the next 4 weeks (and more) I will endeavor to give my readers a piece of the Olympics through my blog. Beijing Olympics are my first games and hopefully not the last. This is the highest level of competition any athlete can dream of. I’m currently writing from Daegu, Korea where we are having our last holding camp before heading to Beijing. The last few days have been filled with training and logistics in preparation for Beijing.

Daegu is unbelievably humid and hot. We have been acclimatizing well to the conditions and most of us have trained off the jetlag. I say most, as I am still battling with my sleep patterns. Our training has been going well. Yesterday training ended with an internal competition of short corners and penalty strokes. The stakes were high and the level of competitiveness was admirable. I ended up on the team that won the corners but narrowly lost the strokes. My team will take the next one though!

Posted 31/07/08

No comments: